Randolph County Public Library Facilities
The Asheboro, Archdale,Liberty, Ramseur, and Seagrove libraries have meeting facilities available for public use without charge. The facilities are open to public, as well as private or business groups.
Certain restrictions apply and reservations should be made in advance. Please read the Meeting Room Policy below before requesting a reservation.
To reserve a room, contact the appropriate library.
Asheboro (336) 318-6800
Archdale (336) 431-3811
Liberty (336) 622-4605
Ramseur (336) 824-2232
Seagrove (336) 873-7521
Randolph County Public Library Meeting Room Policy
RANDOLPH PUBLIC LIBRARY -- MEETING ROOM/CONFERENCE ROOM REGULATIONS
As part of its commitment to serving this community, the Randolph Public Library provides meeting facilities for community groups, agencies and organizations subject to the following regulations: The Asheboro Meeting Room seats a maximum of 75. The Asheboro Conference Room seats 12. These limits are set by the Fire Marshall and will be strictly enforced. Please inquire about seating capacity at other branches.
1. The Meeting Room and Conference Room are reserved on a first come, first served basis by calling the library (336-
318-6801) or by visiting the circulation desk during regular hours of operation.
2. Reservations must be made by an adult (18 years of age or older) representative of the group.
3. Permission to use the library meeting facilities does not constitute an endorsement by the library of the user or user’s beliefs.
4. Neither the name nor the address of the library may be used as the official address or headquarters of an individual or organization.
5. The meeting rooms are open to any non-denominational organization, business (non-profit or profit) or government agency.
6. Uses not allowed:
The meeting facilities cannot be used for:
• Sectarian or denominational religious instruction, worship services or ceremonies.
• Rallies, campaigns, etc. for specific partisan political candidates or issues. (Political party executive boards or committees can meet for planning or business purposes of their organization.)
• Non-library related groups soliciting business or actively selling items or services.
• Commercial purposes such as a meeting for the promotion or sale of products or services immediately or at a later time.
• Non-library groups charging admission or soliciting donations.
• Interviewing or recruitment of personnel or associates.
• Activities likely to disturb regular library functions.
• Fund-raising activities or events, except those sponsored by the library.
• Any unlawful purposes.
• No smoking or tobacco use.
7. Posters that conform to the size of a library provided easel can be used to announce the meeting on the day of the
8. The maximum amount of meetings a single group can have in both rooms, is one per month.
9. The rooms can be used the following hours only. (Monday – Thursday, 9:30 AM to 8:30 PM; Friday 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM; Saturday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM).
10. Meetings can be booked up to one year in advance, but no longer.
11. Organizations using the rooms take responsibility for arranging the furniture. Library staff cannot set up chairs or tables.
12. When reserving either room, organizations should allow sufficient time to clean the room. In the meeting room, stack all chairs and fold up the tables and place in the storage closet. Tables should be cleaned if food was served. Cleaning supplies are in the kitchen. The amount of time an organization needs to do this may vary, but a reasonable amount of time is one half hour.
13. Nonalcoholic beverages are permitted in the Meeting Room. A small kitchen with a sink is provided. Coffee pots are allowed. Hot plates, microwaves, warming trays, etc. are not allowed. Previously prepared foods can be brought in for a meeting.
14. No food or beverages allowed in the Conference Room.
15. Library staff cannot deliver messages to either room. However, a telephone is located in the kitchen adjacent to the Meeting Room. Calls can be transferred to that telephone. The direct number is: 336-318-6828. The Conference Room does not have a telephone.
16. Both rooms are well designed for acoustics. Public address systems or amplification is not needed or allowed.
17. Audiovisual presentations are allowed in the Meeting Room. The library has some audiovisual equipment available for use, free of charge. This includes overhead projector, slide projector, and video player. Inquire when reserving the room.
18. The Conference Room door should be closed during meetings. Audiovisual presentations are allowed. However, due to this room’s location adjacent to the main reading room, a reasonable volume level must be maintained.
19. The maximum amount of time either room can be reserved is for one day.
20. Library-related meetings take precedence over any other.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH REGULATIONS OR ABUSE OF ANY OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED PRIVILEGES WILL RESULT IN SUSPENSION OF RIGHT OF USE.
Problems or complaints shall be submitted in writing to the Director of the library.